The Better Broadband Voucher Scheme is available to any home or business that has a download speed of less than 2 Megabits per second and will not be the recipient of any state aid support, including superfast broadband services, within the next twelve months. See the government terms and conditions for full details. These are presented below:
- Vouchers are not transferable to other Beneficiaries or properties.
- Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (“DCMS“) are not liable in any way for user errors or unauthorised use of the Scheme web pages and application materials by suppliers (that’s us) or Beneficiaries (that’s you).
- DCMS are not liable in any way for incomplete, false or misleading information given by Beneficiaries (including you) or suppliers. Where incomplete, false or misleading information is given, DCMS reserve the right to either cancel the voucher or reclaim the voucher value in full.
- DCMS reserve the right to discontinue or otherwise vary the terms of the Scheme in any way upon reasonable notice. In addition to being notified of any variations made to the terms of the Scheme, the current terms are available on request at any time.
- DCMS reserve the right to end the Scheme at any time.
- The contract for service you have accepted with your chosen supplier is in no way affected by the offer of a voucher or its issue or non-issue in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Public sector organisations (including state schools) may not benefit from the Scheme.
- DCMS do not endorse any particular supplier or product and you should undertake all normal checks to satisfy yourself of the standing of the supplier and suitability of the product before placing an order directly with the supplier of your choice.
- DCMS accept no liability for any connection work undertaken. It is the responsibility of the supplier selected to ensure that the connection is installed correctly and without loss or damage. You should assure yourself that the connection has been correctly installed before confirming your installation is complete.
- You agree to provide DCMS with such additional information and assistance as we may reasonably require from time to time in relation to the operation of the Scheme. This may include (without limit) providing reasonable access to your premises or network for the purpose of making relevant compliance checks by DCMS or their agents.
- You agree to provide reasonable information and assistance to support the promotion of the Scheme, including providing information for a case study and taking part in any Scheme evaluation surveys.
- If you receive any information request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (or equivalent legislation applicable to you) that concerns the Scheme and/or DCMS you shall provide such request to DCMS without delay.
- These terms and conditions shall be subject to and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. The rights and remedies of DCMS under or in connection with these terms and conditions may be waived only by notice by DCMS and in a manner that expressly states that a waiver is intended.
- In the event that DCMS decline your supplier’s request for a voucher on the basis that the premise for which the voucher has been requested is already capable of benefiting from a broadband connection with a download speed greater than 2Mbps, you may appeal this decision by contacting them at email@example.com. Your appeal must contain the following information:
- screenshots of three separate speed tests carried out at different times of day, while connected via Ethernet cable (rather than Wi-Fi) to your router;
- full address details; and
- any additional supporting evidence you wish to provide.
DCMS Data Protection Policy
Where you are a corporate Beneficiary, we and you shall comply with all applicable data protection laws. Any personal data (of your employees, company representatives or otherwise) provided by you shall be used in accordance with our privacy statement located at https://basicbroadband.culture.gov.uk/privacy_notice/. You shall comply with any additional data protection procedures notified by DCMS and ensure that (a) you have provided such employees, company representatives or otherwise (as applicable) with our privacy statement, and (b) all fair processing notices have been given and/or, as applicable, consents are obtained to enable DCMS to process the relevant data for the purpose of the Scheme.
We shall be entitled to require you to comply with such additional provisions as we may reasonably determine to be necessary in order to enable DCMS and you to comply with our respective obligations under Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) OJ L 119/1, 4.5.2016 (being the GDPR).
Where you are a residential Beneficiary any personal data provided by you shall be used in accordance with our privacy statement located at https://basicbroadband.culture.gov.uk/privacy_notice/.